New mail2 Installation Instructions
This article pertains to new mail2 installations only.
The following is a checklist of things that need to be done to set up a new mail2 installation in Tessitura's database and client:
All mail2 database objects are Tessitura v11 and v12 ready--the installation script will be provided during the onboarding process.
- mail2 will need API access to your LIVE API endpoint. In order for mail2 to communicate with Tessitura, you need to create a firewall rule to allow API access from following IP addresses on port 443 or your https port:
- RUN THE INSTALL SCRIPT to create the mail2 database objects. Send an email to email@example.com that includes the IDs from TR_LOCAL_PROCEDURE for all of the mail2 procedures that were registered in that table by the install script--the output of the script will contain these IDs.
- Create mail2 eAddressType, if necessary: If you need to create a new e-address type for mail2, do that now. Otherwise, you can utilize an existing e-address type. Make sure that if you create a new e-address type or select an existing address type that it is available to the organization/parent table for your organization. This is done by verifying that the security groups for your organization all have control group access for the control group to which the e-address type belongs.
Once you've identified the approporiate eAddress type ID, place the numeric id for this eAddress type in the m2DefaultEaddressType T_DEFAULTS value.
- Create a default mail2 source number. If needed, create a new email marketing appeal or use an existing appeal. It's best to use an appeal that doesn't have a start or end date so that the source number your create doesn't expire. If you have a business practice of creating a new appeal for each year for marketing purposes, then continuing that practice is fine, as long as you set a reminder to update your mail2 default source each year when you update all of your other default sources.
Once you've identified the appropriate source number, place the source_no in the m2DefaultSource value in the T_DEFAULTS table.
- ENTER T_DEFAULTS. Complete any additional T_DEFAULTS for your organization. You may not have values for all of them at this time - and that is OK. Complete any that you know, most importantly the "m2DefaultControlGroup" column if you are in a consortium. See complete documentation here: http://mail2support.lynch2.com/customer/portal/articles/241282-t_defaults-listing
NOTE: Some defaults are required for certain pieces of functionality - For example, you must set up the m2ScheduledListCat default before you can use Saved Search Transfer and mail2 Scheduled email campaigns.
- If you haven't been provided with a URL for TR_CUSTOM_TAB, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request it. You will then CREATE a row for the custom screen in TR_CUSTOM_TAB with the exact URL that you have been provided as the D_Object.
Make sure to register it with the next RB id that you would have for a custom screen on the constituent record and check the 'Display in Browser' box. The custom screen is a web based custom screen. For more details on setting up custom screens, please reference your Tessitura system documentation (normally accessible by pressing F1 within the Tessitura client).
Each member organization of a consortium will receive its own custom screen radio button. The radio buttons are then control grouped for each org so that access is restricted by organization to only their specific radio button.
- Change labels in List Manager from TMS to Mail2 (2 places) NOTE: This is purely cosmetic and has no effect or impact on the database. - In the List Manager list view screen, <CTRL>-<ALT>-click on the TMS column header. A window will open allowing you to change the label on the column to mail2.
- Select any list and click edit. In the window that opens, <CTRL>-<ALT>-click on the TMS checkbox option and a window will appear allowing you to change the label to mail2.