|Time: Less than 5 minutes|
|Suggested Skills: Tessitura, Contact Management|
|Objective: Triggered Autoresponders are email campaigns that send based on an action. Use triggered autoresponders to engage your patrons when they take an action like to welcome them or provide a special message as they interact with your digital marketing. The patron may sign up via your sign up form, open, click, or reply to an email. This article will walk you through how to create a welcome email when patrons sign up to a list (for example, when they sign up to receive a monthly newsletter).|
Go to Autoresponders
Select ‘Create an Autoresponder’
Select which type of email you’d like to send
1. Select the type of email you’d like to send
2. Set your initial criteria (you can edit this criteria later)
3. Click Next
Name and Design Your Email
1. Name your autoresponder campaign
2. Select your email design
- Use default template provided by mail2: Every autoresponder template has its own default email template that you can choose to use as the starting point for your autoresponder email.
- Copy an existing email design: Copy the design and contents (including text, images, formatting, etc.) of an existing email campaign or autoresponder and use it as the basis for your autoresponder email. -
- Create an email design: Use the Full Email Editor to create a brand new email design using templates or by copy & pasting in your own HTML code.
3. Add a delay to your triggered action. (For example, delay your email from sending immediately to 1 day after a patron signs up via one of your forms)
4. Edit your email design in the Full Email Editor. Review: How To: Design Your Email in the Full Email Editor
Establish Your Autoresponder Details
Edit your initial criteria
For example, if you have multiple forms, match the appropriate form with this autoresponder campaign.
Schedule your autoresponder
1. Select when you would like the autoresponder to begin monitoring for triggered actions to send emails. You can choose now or set at a later date and time. If ‘now’ is selected, the autoresponder will send at the same time of day every day a trigger occurs.
2. If you’d like the campaign to be temporary, check the box and set the date and time you’d like the autoresponder to stop monitoring for triggered actions.
How to Stop an Autoresponder
Press the stop button near the top of the page within the autoresponder detail page.